[Buildroot] [autobuild.buildroot.net] Build results for 2019-04-15

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at bootlin.com
Tue Apr 16 20:31:15 UTC 2019

Hello,

On Tue, 16 Apr 2019 17:18:54 +0200
Giulio Benetti <giulio.benetti at micronovasrl.com> wrote:

> So, if I don't understand wrong, when BR2_SYSTEM_ENABLE_NLS is disabled
> we want all packages not to produce translation files.

Ideally yes.

> Then if a package tries anyway to produce translation files we need to
> fix it by checking BR2_SYSTEM_ENABLE_NLS(depends on
> !BR2_SYSTEM_ENABLE_NLS etc.) in its Config.in file.

I guess you wanted to say "if a package tries anyway to produce
translation files, we need to fix it by adding a depends on
BR2_SYSTEM_ENABLE_NLS". If that's what you meant, then I believe the
answer is no.

gettext-tiny provides some dummy implementation of the gettext tools,
so we can use these if a package really wants to generate translation
files despite BR2_SYSTEM_ENABLE_NLS being disabled. However, if there's
a reasonable way to tell the package to not generate translation files,
I'd say we should prefer that.

Thomas Petazzoni, CTO, Bootlin
Embedded Linux and Kernel engineering
https://bootlin.com