[Buildroot] [autobuild.buildroot.net] Your daily results for 2019-08-18

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at bootlin.com
Mon Aug 19 12:03:53 UTC 2019

Hello Adrien,

+Buildroot mailing list in Cc.

On Mon, 19 Aug 2019 12:35:19 +0200
Adrien Gallouët <adrien at gallouet.fr> wrote:

> > This is the list of packages for which a new version has been detected
> > and for which you are a registered developer. Please help us improving
> > the quality of Buildroot by bumping these packages to their latest
> > version. Thanks!
> >
> >              name              | found by |        link to
> > release-monitoring.org        |   version    |   upstream
> >
> > -------------------------------+----------+----------------------------------------------+--------------+--------------
> >                           bird |  GUESS   |
> > https://release-monitoring.org/project/00192 | 2.0.4        | 2.0.5
> >
> > --
> > http://autobuild.buildroot.net
>

> This is very nice to have this kind of automatic alerts. Well done ;)

Glad to hear you're find those automatic notifications useful. This was
all done by Victor Huesca (in Cc) as part of his internship at Bootlin
this summer, working on Buildroot topics.

> I was aware of this release and tested it the first day and I had lot of
> issue with it, I expect a bugfix release.
> Do you prefer to be syncd everytime?

It is up to you as a developer/maintainer of this package to decide
when it is appropriate to update the version. If you know 2.0.5 has a
number of issues that will be fixed in future releases, you can
perfectly wait until those releases become available. You will only
receive this notification e-mail once a week in the mean time, which I
believe is reasonable.

Thanks!

Thomas Petazzoni, CTO, Bootlin
Embedded Linux and Kernel engineering