[Buildroot] [FYI] Bootlin external toolchains

Vadim Kochan vadim4j at gmail.com
Tue Dec 3 11:06:18 UTC 2019

Hi Thomas, All

On Tue, Dec 3, 2019 at 1:00 PM Thomas Petazzoni
<thomas.petazzoni at bootlin.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 3 Dec 2019 12:07:51 +0200
> Vadim Kochan <vadim4j at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > May be it would be good to start with generic script which generates
> > br2_fragment by specifying the path to the toolchain ?
>
> Such fragments already exist for each toolchain, for example:
>
>   https://toolchains.bootlin.com/downloads/releases/toolchains/aarch64/fragments/aarch64--glibc--stable-2018.11-1.frag

Yes, I already used them) I meant, it would be good to have such
script in Buildroot which allows to generate such fragments for any
toolchain.
The existing script which validates the toolchain (during the build
before the installation into the host part) uses some set of checks -
rpc, wchar, threads supporting.
So, it would be good to use such approach for the toolchain fragment
generation. Or such script already exist ?

> Best regards,
>
> Thomas

Regards,
Vadim Kochan