[Buildroot] Buildroot-2.18.11 fails?

scsijon scsijon at lamiaworks.com.au
Sat Feb 16 02:09:22 UTC 2019

On 16/02/19 07:49, Peter Seiderer wrote:
> Hello scsijon,
>
> On Thu, 14 Feb 2019 13:27:58 +1100, scsijon <scsijon at lamiaworks.com.au> wrote:
>
>> Except Buildroot is the first linux I haven't been able to  build
>> cleanly from one or another 'puppy's'. I have built it on top of Puppy
>> in the past though.
>>
>> However since you say it won't build nowadays I shan't persist.
>
> Did not say exactly this, buildroot is building fine on a huge amount
> of different host systems, your build problems are not reproducible
> by me (or others?), so not much I can help you further...
>
> But nevertheless I would be glad to hear from you in case you find
> out the root problem of your build failures...
>
> Regards,
> Peter

No, no worries, i'm actually looking for my old build and logfile from
back then to see if anything shows (I hate 20/40gig hard drives and
hunting through logbooks). I can try that first as a poc.

I did find a problem with /usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu/sys/sysctl.h
having a missing line after #include <features.h>, there should have
been a #include <sys/cdefs.h> next, but it wasn't there; i've added it
and that's fixed a problem for a package (not yours) build; maybe i've
other headers corrupted or wrong; something else to check.

I shall get back to it in time, just not today.

regards
scsijon