[Buildroot] Enable mount SquashFS

Peter Seiderer ps.report at gmx.net
Mon Jan 21 20:45:44 UTC 2019

Hello Сергей,

please keep buildroot at busybox.net in CC....

On Mon, 21 Jan 2019 12:21:55 +0200, Сергей Сахно <sergei.sakhno at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thks. I missed this this parametr.
> Can you help me with mount squashfs image in minimal image of linux,
> created in buildroot?
> When i try mount squashfs image as root (mount -t squashfs -o
> ro,loop,sizelimit=14319616 /home/update-last.raucb /run/rauc/bundle), i get
> error:
>
> > mount: /run/rauc/bundle: mount failed: Operation not permitted.
> > Failed mounting bundle: failed to run mount: Child process exited with
> > code 1
> > installing /home/update-last.raucb: Failed mounting bundle: failed to run
> > mount: Child process exited with code 1
> >
> EXT4 partition on real storage device mounted successfully.

Not much info....why mount to /run/rauc/bundle and not just /mnt ? Why option sizelimit?
Where does the 'installing' error message come from? How is the squashfs image update-last.raucb
created (never worked with rauc (yet))? Loop mounting enabled in the kernel?
Do you run your commands as root user? Which are the file permissions of the squashfs image file?

Regards,
Peter