[Buildroot] Error when installing to staging directory

Matthew Weber matthew.weber at collins.com
Tue Jan 22 15:41:24 UTC 2019

Raffucci,

On Tue, Jan 22, 2019 at 8:38 AM Raffucci, Anastasia
<Anastasia.Raffucci at jhuapl.edu> wrote:

> I am using origin/2017.11.x (0edec09c322744ce1820337487e9bcb9cbcf7ab7) No modifications.

Would you mind testing with 2018.11?

When you copy over to the new location, is it a fresh 2017.11 git
clone?  Are you using a target that's already in buildroot or are
there additional files you copy into the buildroot folder after GIT
cloning?

You mention doing a out of tree build.  I assume that folder is never
relocated and always created new when you do your "make O=<out of tree
location> <defconfig name>_defconfig" to setup your build?

> Not sure what you mean by br2-external. I guess I am not using it. Should I?

Not necessarly, it's a way you can manage customization but not
required.  Checkout details in the manual about keeping customizations
outside of buildroot if you have interest in that.