[Buildroot] [git commit] ffmpeg: fix static linking build failure when using libavutil

Giulio Benetti giulio.benetti at micronovasrl.com
Tue Jan 29 17:02:40 UTC 2019

Hi Arnout,

Il 29/01/2019 14:39, Arnout Vandecappelle ha scritto:

> On 29/01/2019 13:30, Giulio Benetti wrote:
>> Hi Arnout,
>>
>> Il 29/01/2019 10:03, Arnout Vandecappelle ha scritto:
>>>    Oopsie...

>>>    I didn't want to push this one, it was just a test. The patch no longer applies
>>> to ffmpeg 3.4.5 so this is causing autobuilder breakage. Therefore, I pushed a
>>> revert commit.
>>
>> I've forgot it there pending on patchwork after ffmpeg bump.
>
>   I've marked it as Changes Requested now.
>

>>>    Giulio, FYI, upstream has added an explicit $LIBDRM but not to Libs.Private, so
>>> the static linking case still breaks for the same reason. The patch just needs
>>> to be rebased (and sent upstream).
>>
>> I've tried several times to discuss this on ffmpeg-devel:
>> [1] http://ffmpeg.org/pipermail/ffmpeg-devel/2018-October/235269.html
>> but they ignored my last patch:
>> [2] http://ffmpeg.org/pipermail/ffmpeg-devel/2018-October/235417.html
>> to fix the previous I've sent:
>> [3] http://ffmpeg.org/pipermail/ffmpeg-devel/2018-October/235269.html
>>
>> I can't understand why they don't want to upstream my last patch[2]...
>
>   Same as everywhere: too many patches, too few reviewers. The reactions to v1
> seemed to be positive. So if v2 still applies to current ffmpeg master, just
> ping it; if it needs to be rebased, rebase it and resubmit.
>
>   Regards,
>   Arnout
>

>> Anyway I'm going to submit the last one for Buildroot asap.
>> I'm going to reproduce it right now.

I've just pinged on ffmpeg-devel about patch[2], I've put you in Cc.

I have also created BR patch and tested against autobuild failure
substituting 0002- patch.
Do I wait for an answer from ffmpeg-devel before submitting it on BR ML?

Thanks
Best regards
--
Giulio Benetti
CTO

MICRONOVA SRL
Sede: Via A. Niedda 3 - 35010 Vigonza (PD)
Tel. 049/8931563 - Fax 049/8931346
Cod.Fiscale - P.IVA 02663420285
Capitale Sociale € 26.000 i.v.
Iscritta al Reg. Imprese di Padova N. 02663420285
Numero R.E.A. 258642