[Buildroot] Adding custom linux config

Devashish Bhageerutty db at windarphotonics.com
Tue Mar 12 15:09:04 UTC 2019

Hi,

I am building an image with an out of tree configuration. I have specified the path to my custom config file in the defconfig and my linux.config is in the folder structure as shown on the Buildroot template. But when I am building or if I do “make linux-update-(def)config”, my config file is getting overwritten by a generic one. I have checked the /proc/configz on a running system to verify this. This configuration was working before on Buildroot 2015 with linux kernel 3.10 but now I am using Buildroot 2018.02 and kernel 4.14.73. I would be grateful if I could be pointed to what could be causing this or any tests I can make to figure out why this is happening.

Best Regards,

Deva

[windar_logo_email_sig]
Devashish Bhageerutty