[Buildroot] ? using compilers other than gcc!

Arnout Vandecappelle arnout at mind.be
Tue Mar 12 00:08:33 UTC 2019

On 11/03/2019 09:01, Joseph Kogut wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 11, 2019 at 12:03 AM <yann.morin at orange.com> wrote:
>>
>> The best candidate nowadays for an alternative to gcc, is clang.
>>

> In that regard, has there been any progress in supporting Clang as a
> compiler in Buildroot?

 I don't think anyone has ever proposed any patches that go into that direction.
Though I suppose that compiler-rt [1] is a necessary step.

 It's a big endeavor. There will e.g. need to be a new symbol to distinguish
between clang and gcc, and e.g. disable the kernel when clang is used.

 Regards,
 Arnout

[1] http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/project/buildroot/list/?series=84352