[Buildroot] Nodejs failure for arm cortex-A8

Peter Seiderer ps.report at gmx.net
Fri Mar 15 16:53:07 UTC 2019

Hello Boris-Ben,

On Fri, 15 Mar 2019 18:01:27 +0200, Boris-Ben Shapiro <erectcrested at gmail.com> wrote:

> Just saw : https://github.com/nodejs/node/commit/d13a65ad68c429884434cdcd94c52b79a6d69717
>
> Thanks!
> I will try this after the weekend

With this patch your will see the following comment in make menuconfig

    "nodejs needs a toolchain w/ C++, dynamic library, NPTL, gcc >= 4.9, wchar"

This will change nothing for your host and selected crosss-compile toolchain...

> On Fri, 15 Mar 2019 at 17:59, Boris-Ben Shapiro <erectcrested at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hi Baruch.
> > I am a bit tied to Ubuntu 14.04. Can you guide me on how to update the
> > nodejs toolchain dependency? I use the CodeSourcery 2014 toolchain.
> > There is no other option for CS toolchain, only buildroot toolchain
> > which I don't want to use, as my project already tested with CS
> > toolchain.
> > Is it a difficult task to update nodejs toolchain version dependecy?

It is not about the cross-compile toolchain, your failure while compiling host-nodejs
(using your host GCC /usr/bin/gcc to compile exectuables for your host/ubuntu),
to fix this you need to update your host gcc...

Regards,
Peter