[Buildroot] Adding custom linux config

Arnout Vandecappelle arnout at mind.be
Sun Mar 17 21:29:28 UTC 2019

 Plese don't top-post, but reply inline like I do below. Note that this requires
configuring your mailer to quote replies properly.

On 13/03/2019 15:32, Devashish Bhageerutty wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Sorry for not being clear enough. What I wanted to say is that I am trying to build an image with a custom linux.config file but I am not able to.
>
> I have specified the path in the defconfig file as stated in the manual (Please see attached Heimdal_defconfig for the Buildroot configuration).
>
> The config file that I want to use for my linux is the linux.config.old (attached in the email) which has specific items for my hardware for example Flash and FPGA).
>
> When I build the image and check the .config file (in the /proc/configz), items are missing eg; CONFIG_MTD_M25P80=y or CONFIG_SPI_CADENCE_QSPI=y etc... This is preventing me from reading the flash memory.

 The SPI_CADENCE_QSPI option doesn't exist in the kernel version that you choose.

 M25P80 requires SPI_NOR to be enabled, but it isn't.

 So, I don't know where you got this linux.config.old, but it's not a valid
kernel config (at least not for your kernel version).

 Regards,
 Arnout

[snip]