[Buildroot] [autobuild.buildroot.net] Your daily results for 2019-11-24

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at bootlin.com
Mon Nov 25 10:56:30 UTC 2019

Hello Titouan,

On Mon, 25 Nov 2019 10:13:05 +0100
Titouan Christophe <titouan.christophe at railnova.eu> wrote:

> >               name              | found by |        link to release-monitoring.org        |   version    |   upstream
> > -------------------------------+----------+----------------------------------------------+--------------+--------------
> >                           redis |  DISTRO  | https://release-monitoring.org/project/04181 | 5.0.5        | 5.0.7
> >

> This is lagging behind, Redis was already bumped to 5.0.6 one week ago,
> and to 5.0.7 over the week-end :)

When a next branch exists, we use the next branch as the source of
information for what is the current version of each package in
Buildroot. We do this because typically, next is more "up to date" than
master.

However, in this specific case, redis was bumped to 5.0.7 in master,
but not in next, so until next gets merged back into master, our
tooling will think redis is at 5.0.5, because that's the version used
in next.

Perhaps this could be improved by grabbing both master and next, and
retaining the highest version between both, for each package. But oh
well, that's quite some additional complexity :/

Thomas Petazzoni, CTO, Bootlin
Embedded Linux and Kernel engineering
https://bootlin.com