[Buildroot] Sending patches from China

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at bootlin.com
Mon Sep 9 07:50:44 UTC 2019

Hello,

On Mon, 9 Sep 2019 09:47:37 +0200
Arnout Vandecappelle <arnout at mind.be> wrote:

>  赵建辉 drew my attention to the problem that many mail services are blocked in
> China. Apparently, it is possible to send mail through a web interface, but SMTP
> is difficult.
>
>  Does anyone know a good workaround for this issue?

A good question is how is the kernel community handling this ? There
are plenty of developers from China contributing to the Linux kernel,
and they have to send patches for that.

In any case, if a contributor is indeed not able to send patches by
e-mail due to state restriction, I will personally be very fine with a
patch sent as attachment to an e-mail or a bug tracker entry. It would
be difficult to handle this for a large number of contributions, but
for a few contributions, it is much nicer than simply ignoring them.

Thomas Petazzoni, CTO, Bootlin
Embedded Linux and Kernel engineering
https://bootlin.com