[Buildroot] Chromium v7 test

Fame Castle famecastle at gmail.com
Wed Sep 11 16:57:37 UTC 2019

Hi Thomas,
it's great to see your interest in this. If I can help you in
any way, please let me know. I'm still interested in this as a long term
goal, while I'm working on different projects now. I would however
appreciate any progress with this.

I think the following is interesting:
I am using CEF with Python (called cefpython). I install it using the
Python Package Manager pip and then on my host machine I got a folder with
cef browser binaries somewhere. I just took those binaries and the Python
bindings and copied them into my Buildroot-OS. Then, I was actually able to
get my Python CEF application working. It went fluently! So at its core,
this should be really possible. However, this doesn't feel like a nice
implementation. And, some other window management libraries which theirself
take CEF and enable you to control the application window, failed with
Segmentation faults. I'm confident this may be due to the usage of my
host's binaries. But I think it's interesting that it worked. So we should
find our way and make successfull Chromium builds.

I hope you have good success with this. All the best,
~ Fame(castle)