[Buildroot] [autobuild.buildroot.net] Your daily results for 2020-04-25

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at bootlin.com
Sun Apr 26 11:57:34 UTC 2020

On Sun, 26 Apr 2020 12:24:20 +0200
Clément Péron <peron.clem at gmail.com> wrote:

> > Build failures related to your defconfigs:
> >
> >                         defconfig |                        link to the job
> > ----------------------------------+--------------------------------------------------------------
> >                       beelink_gs1 |  https://gitlab.com/buildroot.org/buildroot/-/jobs/526035566
> >

> The defconfig is missing HOST_PYTHON is this something that should
> also trigger on computer where python-dev is installed?

It's a Python 2.x vs. Python 3.x issue. the beelink_gs1 defconfig properly has:

BR2_TARGET_UBOOT_NEEDS_PYLIBFDT=y

which pulls in host-python and host-swig as dependencies of uboot.
Unfortunately, recent versions of U-Boot (since 2020.01) are now using
python3 in the pylibfdt code, so we need to have a dependency on
host-python3.

There is some on-going discussion about this on
http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/project/buildroot/patch/20200425000629.2068191-1-heiko@sntech.de/

Thomas Petazzoni, CTO, Bootlin
Embedded Linux and Kernel engineering
https://bootlin.com