[Buildroot] [arc-buildroot] [autobuild.buildroot.net] Your daily results for 2020-08-06

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at bootlin.com
Fri Aug 7 08:26:04 UTC 2020

On Fri, 7 Aug 2020 08:12:03 +0000
Alexey Brodkin <Alexey.Brodkin at synopsys.com> wrote:

> This is just to let you know we'll be fixing GDB building sometime soon (hopefully next week).
>
> Basically that's a problem with gdbserver building which in arc-2020.03
> (where GDB is apparently of version pre-10.0) due to upstream change in GDB 10.0 was moved to the top-level,
> see https://sourceware.org/git/?p=binutils-gdb.git;a=commit;h=919adfe8409211c726c1d05b47ca59890ee648f1.

I haven't looked at the build issue, but if arc-2020.03 gdb's version
is quite new, perhaps it needs to be built out of tree, like gdb 9.2
needs, as implemented by Romain in:

  https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/project/buildroot/patch/20200805140337.427704-1-romain.naour@gmail.com/

Thomas Petazzoni, CTO, Bootlin
Embedded Linux and Kernel engineering