[Buildroot] Problem adding a new package tpm2-tss-engine

Yann E. MORIN yann.morin.1998 at free.fr
Mon Aug 24 16:03:37 UTC 2020

Marie, All,

On 2020-08-24 14:06 +0000, Marie Maurer spake thusly:
> Hello,
[--SNIP--]
> TPM2_TSS_AUTORECONF = YES

Typo in the name of that variable; it should be TPM2_TSS_ENGINE_AUTORECONF.

Run 'make check-package' which should hint at such typoes.

> define TPM2_TSS_ENGINE_PRE_CONFIGURE_BOOTSTRAP
>     cd $(@D)/ && ./bootstrap
> endef
> TPM2_TSS_ENGINE_PRE_CONFIGURE_HOOKS += TPM2_TSS_ENGINE_PRE_CONFIGURE_BOOTSTRAP

No need for this hook, since you have _AUTORECONF, above.

Also, such hooks are usually bad, because such bootstrap scripts usually
do not have the proper variables and options that are needed to properly
autoreconf in the Buildroot context.

So I guess your issue stems from the typo in the _AUTORECONF variable.

Regards,
Yann E. MORIN.

| +33 561 099 427 `------------.-------:  X  AGAINST      |  \e/  There is no  |