[Buildroot] Is it possible to build rpm with buildroot?

Baruch Siach baruch at tkos.co.il
Tue Dec 1 13:18:12 UTC 2020

Hi Beenle Yi,

On Tue, Dec 01 2020, yilu at bupt.edu.cn wrote:
> I got it. Is it possible for me to add something new to buildroot
> source codes to generate binary packages? I am sorry that I am not
> familiar with buildroot and I am trying to test the feasibility to
> build rpm for my OS with the help of buildroot.

I don't think that patches adding rpm generation will be accepted. The
FAQ entry I linked to explains why. In short, binary packages dependency
tracking is complex. Buildroot is not designed for this use case. You
can try alternatives like Yocto or OpenWRT.

baruch

--
                                                     ~. .~   Tk Open Systems
   - baruch at tkos.co.il - tel: +972.52.368.4656, http://www.tkos.co.il -