[Buildroot] Analysis of build results

Romain Naour romain.naour at smile.fr
Sat Feb 22 19:10:42 UTC 2020

Hi Giulio,

CC: buildroot <buildroot at buildroot.org>

Le 22/02/2020 à 19:57, Giulio Benetti a écrit :
> Hi Romain,
>
> Il 22/02/2020 19:18, Romain Naour ha scritto:
>> Hi Giulio,
>>
>> Le 21/02/2020 à 00:09, Giulio Benetti a écrit :
>>> Hi Thomas,

>>> Unfortunately the problem doesn't show up, I've also accelerated the building
>>> launching a local script in build/libsvgtiny-xxx/ that call make -j17 && make
>>> clean with all the arguments Buildroot provides to accelerate, but nothing. I've
>>> tried on my Workstation, my laptop and 1 of my autobuilders.
>>>
>>> Romain, have you had the chance to try that patch? Can I do something to ease
>>> the thing? Also, which specific distro(Distro name, kernel version) do you have?
>>
>> This a a Fedora 31 disto regularly updated.
>>
>> This is weird since we already disabled parallel build [1]
>
> Ah good finding, with this I've also found that [1] is wrong, since this is a
> generic package, so need to build with $(MAKE1) instead of $(MAKE) without
> LIBSVGTINY_MAKE = $(MAKE1)
> but maybe the patch i've sent you could work.
>
> Can you give a try?

I tried to reproduce the issue but libsvgtiny still build fine here...

> If it still fails, since this package contains 4 source files, I could send a
> patch that really avoid parallel build. And it must sent anyway a patch to fix
> that error.

Maybe we can just fix the patch [1] ?
Can you send the patch ?

BTW, who is using libsvgtiny? There is no package using it, no DEVELOPERS entry,
a fragile build system and the version we use is out of date (2011-03-21).
Maybe we can drop it?

Best regards,
Romain