[Buildroot] NFS-root boot problem

Andrey Nechypurenko andreynech at gmail.com
Wed Jul 1 08:18:05 UTC 2020

Hi Thomas,

Thank you very much for such quick response!

>> Starting network: ip: RTNETLINK answers: File exists
>> udhcpc: started, v1.31.1
>> [   19.379804] nfs: server 192.168.10.1 not responding, still trying
>> [   28.199820] nfs: server 192.168.10.1 not responding, still trying
>
> When your DHCP client in userspace runs, it turns the network interface
> down, and because you're doing root-over-NFS, this means you're cutting
> the tree branch on which you're sitting!
>
> Disable your DHCP client in userspace will solve your problem.

This is what I was suspecting. As mentioned in my original email I was trying
to disable it by removing everything related to eth0 from
/etc/network/interfaces. My mistake was that I was modifying the local file on
mmc instead of the one on NFS share :-) . Your comment pointed me to the right
direction and I found the mistake.

Thank you very much!
Andrey.