[Buildroot] Rename aarch64_efi_defconfig to qemu_aarch64_virt_efi_defconfig

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at bootlin.com
Sat Jul 11 10:59:19 UTC 2020

On Sat, 11 Jul 2020 01:02:01 +0200
Romain Naour <romain.naour at gmail.com> wrote:

> I would like to rename the aarch64_efi_defconfig to
> qemu_aarch64_virt_efi_defconfig  in order to do a runtime test in the Buildroot
> gitlab-ci.

The thing is that the idea of the aarch64_efi_defconfig is that it is a
generic AArch64 image that should work on all EFI compliant AArch64
systems, not just Qemu.

Renaming it with a "qemu_" prefix kind of losses that implicit
"documentation" that it is a generic AArch64 configuration.

If your goal is to have this defconfig tested under Qemu, then I would
rather suggest that we improve the logic that decides which defconfig
can be tested under Qemu, and not just rely on a qemu_ prefix, but
maybe some kind of explicit list ?

Thomas Petazzoni, CTO, Bootlin
Embedded Linux and Kernel engineering
https://bootlin.com