[Buildroot] audit2allow BR support

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at bootlin.com
Thu Jul 16 09:05:24 UTC 2020

On Thu, 16 Jul 2020 10:44:03 +0200
Antoine Tenart <antoine.tenart at bootlin.com> wrote:

> > Which Python version have you chosen ? Python 3.x or Python 2.x, i.e
> > BR2_PACKAGE_PYTHON=y or BR2_PACKAGE_PYTHON3=y ?
>
> I did not encounter such an issue, but I only used versions 3.0+. If I
> think about something, I'll let you know.

Hm, I see that package/selinux-python/Config.in has:

        depends on !BR2_PACKAGE_PYTHON
        select BR2_PACKAGE_PYTHON3

so anyway, this is all only Python 3.x.

So yeah, I'm not sure how Tomas got into this build issue. Tomas: could
share the Buildroot .config being used ?

> > > 2- /var/lib/selinux directory missing
> > > $ semodule -llibsemanage.semanage_create_store: Could not create module store at /var/lib/selinux/targeted. (No such file or directory).libsemanage.semanage_direct_connect: could not establish direct connection (No such file or directory).semodule: Could not connect to policy handler
> > > ls /var/lib/selinuxls: /var/lib/selinux: No such file or directory
> > > ==> looks like the directory can just be added
> >
> > On this one, I'm not sure, would need testing. I don't immediately see
> > anything creating /var/lib/selinux in Buildroot, so if it's not done by
> > the build system of one the SELinux packages, indeed /var/lib/selinux
> > will be missing.
> >
> > Antoine: you are working on building systems with SELinux supports, did
> > you face the /var/lib/selinux missing problem ? Or perhaps because
> > you're testing with systemd, the situation is different ?
>
> Using a modular policy at runtime isn't supported by the current
> refpolicy support in BR. When playing with it, I had similar issues with
> directories missing. Also, I don't think adding those directories alone
> will make it working, there's probably more work to do.

How could have Tomas encountered this with the current Buildroot, where
we don't even have the logic to build a modular policy ?

Thomas Petazzoni, CTO, Bootlin
Embedded Linux and Kernel engineering
https://bootlin.com