[Buildroot] start-stop-daemon failing due to option -q

William Tambe tambewilliam at gmail.com
Wed Jul 22 02:05:45 UTC 2020

On Tue, Jul 21, 2020 at 2:35 PM Thomas Petazzoni
<thomas.petazzoni at bootlin.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 21 Jul 2020 15:18:19 -0400
> William Tambe <tambewilliam at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > Are you able to run start-stop-daemon with the -q option ?
> >
> > Is anyone else seeing the issue of start-stop-daemon failing when the
> > option -q is used ?
>
> I still don't see how it is possible to not have support for the -q
> option in start-stop-daemon, I don't see any conditional in the Busybox
> source code.
>
> Could you provide the Buildroot configuration and Busybox configuration
> that exhibits the issue ?

Certainly; I am currently only using a buildroot configuration with no
busybox configuration; so I think buildroot uses a default busybox
configuration:

BR2_iron=y
BR2_ENABLE_DEBUG=y
BR2_DEBUG_3=y
# BR2_STRIP_strip is not set
BR2_OPTIMIZE_G=y
BR2_STATIC_LIBS=y
BR2_TOOLCHAIN_EXTERNAL=y
BR2_TOOLCHAIN_EXTERNAL_PATH="/opt/iron-toolchain/"
BR2_TOOLCHAIN_EXTERNAL_CUSTOM_PREFIX="$(ARCH)-elf"
BR2_TOOLCHAIN_EXTERNAL_HEADERS_5_5=y
BR2_TOOLCHAIN_EXTERNAL_CUSTOM_GLIBC=y
# BR2_TOOLCHAIN_EXTERNAL_HAS_SSP is not set
# BR2_TOOLCHAIN_EXTERNAL_INET_RPC is not set
BR2_TOOLCHAIN_EXTERNAL_CXX=y
BR2_ROOTFS_MERGED_USR=y
BR2_TARGET_GENERIC_ROOT_PASSWD="root"
BR2_TARGET_GENERIC_GETTY_OPTIONS="-n -l /bin/bash"
BR2_PACKAGE_BUSYBOX_SHOW_OTHERS=y
BR2_PACKAGE_BASH=y
BR2_PACKAGE_HTOP=y
BR2_PACKAGE_NANO=y