[Buildroot] pc defconfig image does not boot

Tudor Holton tudor at tudorholton.com
Mon Jul 27 06:09:32 UTC 2020

Hi David,

Did you get any errors in your build?  Frequently I find the most common
reason for this is that the contents of the packages doesn't fit into
the image size.  It defaults to 120M which is too small for some larger
packages.

You can try increasing your image size in Filesystem Images -> Exact
Size.

Otherwise, check your build logs and see if there's any complaints when
building the image, and always do a complete make clean before your make
in case it's cruft left over from the previous build.

If you come across build issues after a make clean, drop them and your
config back to the mailing list and we can have a look.

Cheers,
Tudor.