[Buildroot] [pkg-luarocks 3/6] pkg-luarocks: regen packages with external dependencies

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at bootlin.com
Fri Mar 20 21:41:52 UTC 2020

Hello François,

On Thu, 19 Sep 2019 18:38:14 +0200
François Perrad <francois.perrad at gadz.org> wrote:

> Previously, there is in the config file:
>     external_deps_dirs = { getenv('STAGING_DIR') .. [[/usr]] }
> and this path was globally used.
>
> The config file is common for host-luarocks and luarocks,
> so this way is no longer doable.

According to
https://github.com/luarocks/luarocks/wiki/config-file-format, the path
to the configuration file can be overridden using the environment
variable LUAROCKS_CONFIG. This would allow to have one config file to
use when building host LuaRocks packages, and one to use when building
target LuaRocks packages. Thanks to that, we could keep the
external_deps_dirs in the LuaRocks config file used for target
packages, and avoid adding all those BAR_DIR, FOO_DIR variables in a
number of packages.

Could you have a look at whether this is possible ?

Thanks!

Thomas Petazzoni, CTO, Bootlin
Embedded Linux and Kernel engineering
https://bootlin.com