[Buildroot] 2020.02 Buildroot - Qt 5.12 missing XmlListModel

Peter Seiderer ps.report at gmx.net
Fri Mar 13 20:33:44 UTC 2020

Hello Nimai,

On Thu, 12 Mar 2020 16:23:21 -0400, Nimai Mahajan <nimaim at gmail.com> wrote:

> [...]
> >
> > > To the Qt maintainers ... it seems Qt 5.12 moved some libs from the old,
> > now
> > > deprecated qt5declarative package to qt5xmlpatterns. See here:
> > > https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/60889. Some of the components such as
> > > XmlListModel are no longer working (as well as other libs that it
> > included,
> > > I'm guessing). See directory listing for this particular module between
> > 5.9
> > > and 5.12 builds in Buildroot:
> > >
> > > 5.9:
> > >
> > > find . -name *"xmllistmodel*"
> > > ./qt5declarative-5.9.4/src/quick/doc/images/qml-xmllistmodel-example.png
> > > ./qt5declarative-5.9.4/src/imports/xmllistmodel
> > > ./qt5declarative-5.9.4/src/imports/xmllistmodel/xmllistmodel.pro
> > > ./qt5declarative-5.9.4/src/imports/xmllistmodel/.obj/qqmlxmllistmodel.o
> > >
> > ./qt5declarative-5.9.4/src/imports/xmllistmodel/.obj/moc_qqmlxmllistmodel_p.o
> > >
> > ./qt5declarative-5.9.4/src/imports/xmllistmodel/.moc/moc_qqmlxmllistmodel_p.cpp
> > > ./qt5declarative-5.9.4/src/imports/xmllistmodel/.moc/qqmlxmllistmodel.moc
> > > ./qt5declarative-5.9.4/src/imports/xmllistmodel/qqmlxmllistmodel_p.h
> > > ./qt5declarative-5.9.4/src/imports/xmllistmodel/qqmlxmllistmodel.cpp
> > >
> > ./qt5declarative-5.9.4/qml/QtQuick/XmlListModel/libqmlxmllistmodelplugin.so
> > > ./qt5declarative-5.9.4/tests/auto/quick/qquickxmllistmodel
> > > ./qt5declarative-5.9.4/tests/auto/quick/qquickxmllistmodel/
> > qquickxmllistmodel.pro
> > >
> > ./qt5declarative-5.9.4/tests/auto/quick/qquickxmllistmodel/tst_qquickxmllistmodel.cpp
> > >
> > > 5.12:
> > >
> > > find . -iname "*xmllistmodel*"
> > > NO RESULTS
> >
> > Enable 'BR2_PACKAGE_QT5XMLPATTERNS=y' in your buildroot .config file?
> >
> > Regards,
> > Peter
> >

> Thank you for getting back to me Peter.
>
> No, that does not fix it as I already have it enabled. Explicitly adding QT
> += xmlpatterns to the .pro file. also does not work. It is unable to find
> it because it's never built. I showed the dir listing of Qt 5.12.x on my
> host because it shows it truly is a separate lib, so while it's part of the
> xmlpatterns package now, it should still build a qmlxmllistmodelplugin.so
> as far as I can see.
>

> > Note: the suggestion is completely untested, in case it does not help
> > (maybe some target install handling is missing) please provide
> > a failing defconfig (and a failing example - best from qt5-examples
> > BR2_PACKAGE_QT5BASE_EXAMPLES=y and /usr/lib/qt/examples/... on
> > the target)...
> >

> I will post my defconfig in a bit, on mobile at the moment. I can also
> build the examples and run it if you think it would help, just to ensure Qt
> and other QtQuick components are working, but the simple error message you
> get if you have a dependency on "import QtQuick.XmlListModel" is: "module
> "QtQuick.XmlListModel" is not installed".

Thanks for the bug report, I think the main problem was a wrong/legacy
dependency qt5declarative --> qt5xmlpatterns, instead of the other
way round and a missing target install of the qml parts of the package
qt5xmlpatterns....should be fixed by [1] (only compile tested, not yet
runtime tested)...

Regards,
Peter

[1] https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/1254668/