[Buildroot] [2020.02.x] package/busybox: fix build with glibc 2.31

Matthew Weber matthew.weber at rockwellcollins.com
Mon Nov 2 19:11:52 UTC 2020

Peter,

On Mon, Nov 2, 2020 at 1:09 PM Peter Korsgaard <peter at korsgaard.com> wrote:

>  > Peter / Thomas / Yann / Arnout,
>  > On Thu, Oct 29, 2020 at 9:04 AM Matthew Weber
>  > <matthew.weber at rockwellcollins.com> wrote:
>  >>
>  >> Peter,
>  >>

>  > [snip]
>
>  >> Note: I'll have additional individual patches coming for openssh and
>  >> strace as those were fixed for a similar issue but through version
>  >> bumps on master.  Is there some backstory (beyond the patchwork
>  >> submissions for master) on other attempts to bring glibc 2.31 support
>  >> to LTS?
>  >>

>  > Wondering about your thoughts on adding GLIBC 2.3.1 support to the
>  > 2020.02 LTS.  Technically, we believe that the patches that need
>  > cherry picked over from master are the following.  What do you guys
>  > think?  Should we pull out the individual commits within those
>  > projects(more patches in Buildroot) or are these (strace/openssh)
>  > bumps OK?
>
> But what is the reason for wanting to support glibc 2.31 in LTS? Is
> there anything important added in 2.31 or do you have an external glibc
> 2.31 based toolchain you really have to use?

Yeah, sorry I snipped it out from my original email. Here's the use case

The known [1,2] issue was found when using a newer external toolchain
with the following configuration and the 2020.02.7 tag.
BR2_TOOLCHAIN_EXTERNAL_URL="https://toolchains.bootlin.com/downloads/releases/toolchains/aarch64/tarballs/aarch64--glibc--stable-2020.08-1.tar.bz2"
BR2_TOOLCHAIN_EXTERNAL_GCC_9=y
BR2_TOOLCHAIN_EXTERNAL_HEADERS_4_9=y

Ref: