[Buildroot] pkg-stats support for external tree?

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at bootlin.com
Thu Oct 15 06:57:53 UTC 2020

Hello Magnus,

On Thu, 15 Oct 2020 04:31:11 +0000
Magnus Armholt <magnus.armholt at wapice.com> wrote:

> We are using a setup with an external tree holding our specific packages (br2_external).
> The renewed pkg-stats is a nice tool and we would like to cover also our specific packages in br2_external.
> Is this possible?
>
> I tried running the pkg-stats from our base directory (parent of
> buildroot) but this fails due to how the utils/getdeveloperlib is
> included.

Indeed, there is no support for BR2_EXTERNAL in pkg-stats. In fact,
pkg-stats is more a tool for the Buildroot community to keep an eye on
all packages that are in the official Buildroot.

A Buildroot user (or a company using Buildroot) would I guess be more
interested in pkg-stats-like results, but limited to their package
selection.

Recently, we've added support/scripts/cve-checker which output a HTML
page looking like the pkg-stats output, but with just your package +
the CVEs that affect them (if any). However, it does not output all the
same information as pkg-stats.

Which specific information of pkg-stats do you find useful ?

Thomas Petazzoni, CTO, Bootlin
Embedded Linux and Kernel engineering
https://bootlin.com