[Buildroot] [autobuild.buildroot.net] Your daily results for 2020-09-08

Adrian Perez de Castro aperez at igalia.com
Wed Sep 9 21:33:25 UTC 2020

On Wed, 09 Sep 2020 07:07:08 +0000 Thomas Petazzoni <thomas.petazzoni at bootlin.com> wrote:

> Build failures related to your packages:
>
>     arch     |             reason             |                                       url
> -------------+--------------------------------+---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>     arm      |         wlroots-0.11.0         | http://autobuild.buildroot.net/results/1891aa624b29e4bbcbbe6bc752a1cc90c316024e

This is caused due to not having libxcb-util-errors, which turns out comes
from a separate library and not as part of the libxcb-util package. There
is no x11r7/xcb-util-errors in Buildroot.

Given that the libxcb-util-errors is optional and only used by wlroots to
improve reporting/logging of XCB errors but otherwise functionality is not
affected, I think the quickest solution is to always disable its usage with
the corresponding Meson option—I will submit a patch momentarily.

The other option is to add a Buildroot package for libxcb-util-errors, let
me know if you think that would be a better option.

Cheers,
—Adrián