[Buildroot] [autobuild.buildroot.net] Your daily results for 2020-09-18

Chris Packham judge.packham at gmail.com
Sat Sep 19 07:59:44 UTC 2020

Thomas, sorry for the spam, didn't notice that the messages weren't Cc'd to
the br list.

On Sat, 19 Sep 2020, 7:11 PM Thomas Petazzoni, <thomas.petazzoni at bootlin.com>
wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Autobuilder failures
> ====================
>
> Below is a list of build failures reported by the Buildroot
> autobuilders in relation to packages or CPU
> architectures you are in charge of. Please help us
> improving the quality of Buildroot by investigating
> those build failures and sending patches to fix
> them.Thanks!
>
> Results for the 'master' branch
> -------------------------------
>
> Build failures related to your packages:
>
>     arch     |             reason             |
>            url
>
> -------------+--------------------------------+---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>     arm      |        micropython-1.13        |
> http://autobuild.buildroot.net/results/873786196e6b7975234bcb7b010d0dc00b3acbdc
>     arm      |        micropython-1.13        |
> http://autobuild.buildroot.net/results/cea4316033f81014e08d2039bd89647a23fa6dd0
>     arm      |        micropython-1.13        |
> http://autobuild.buildroot.net/results/0580ff521a9aaaed3a21b15c1ee28b66f5c2c7c9
>    xtensa    |        micropython-1.13        |
> http://autobuild.buildroot.net/results/f87c18b7854342baea137d9b7b9a79aa5a7e4f63
>

> --
> http://autobuild.buildroot.net

The builds are failing with "arm-none-linux-gnueabi-gcc: error:
unrecognized command line option '-Wfloat-conversion'". This was recently
added to the micropython Makefiles. I haven't tracked down when this was
added to gcc but it looks like whatever version is used by these configs it
doesn't recognize it.

The simple fix is to require a sufficiently new gcc version. I'll see if i
can get to it this weekend unless someone beats me to it.