[Buildroot] More maintainers

Peter Korsgaard peter at korsgaard.com
Sun Sep 6 07:43:02 UTC 2020

Hi,

Thanks for the constructive input!

 > Basic things that could be done with CI/CD that don't take much CPU power and
 > would reduce the time spent on each patch:

 >  - Running check-pkg automatically

I guess you mean check-package?

 >  - Running basic grammar and spelling checks

I don't know how easy that is to do, given that commit messages often
quote code and/or command output. We can certainly extend check-package
to run the commit message through aspell. What open source utilities are
available for grammar checks?

 >  - Checking if all recursive dependencies of new packages have been added in
 >    new Config.in files.

That IMHO very fast becomes complicated with optional dependencies and
patches to existing packages rather than a completely new package, but
if you have a good idea?

 > If you want to get complicated a reduction of CPU time/resources could
 > also be done with:
 >   - Having prebuilt docker images or tarballs that have a partially
 > complete build

I am not sure how realistic that is given that master (or next) is a
moving target and we would want to test against the current situation?

--
Bye, Peter Korsgaard