[Buildroot] Running Weston on stm32mp157c-dk2

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at bootlin.com
Mon Sep 14 11:21:01 UTC 2020

Hello,

On Mon, 14 Sep 2020 11:10:41 +0200
Andrey Nechypurenko <andreynech at gmail.com> wrote:

> Selecting the gcnano-binaries package leads to the following compile errors.
> This time "make clean" does not help unfortunately :-) .
> If someone has an idea how to fix these errors, I would appreciate the hint.

Which Linux kernel are you using ?

Indeed, the gcnano-binaries kernel module is tested by ST to work with
the ST-provided kernel.

However, Buildroot's stm32mp157c_dk2_defconfig uses the upstream Linux
kernel. With some effort, it should be possible to get the
gcnano-binaries kernel module to build/work with the upstream kernel,
but I'm not too surprised it is not "immediate".

Otherwise, you can switch to the ST-provided kernel.

Thomas Petazzoni, CTO, Bootlin
Embedded Linux and Kernel engineering
https://bootlin.com