[Buildroot] Running Weston on stm32mp157c-dk2

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at bootlin.com
Tue Sep 15 19:41:38 UTC 2020

On Tue, 15 Sep 2020 21:32:46 +0200
Andrey Nechypurenko <andreynech at gmail.com> wrote:

> I am using my defconfig which is slightly modified
> stm32mp157c_dk2_defconfig (mainly added some packages). Kernel-related
> things are the same as in original stm32mp157c_dk2_defconfig:
>
> BR2_LINUX_KERNEL=y
> BR2_LINUX_KERNEL_CUSTOM_VERSION=y
> BR2_LINUX_KERNEL_CUSTOM_VERSION_VALUE="5.4.26"
> BR2_LINUX_KERNEL_USE_CUSTOM_CONFIG=y
> BR2_LINUX_KERNEL_CUSTOM_CONFIG_FILE="$(BR2_EXTERNAL_P2_PATH)/board/stm32mp157c-dk2-dev/linux.config"
>
> So it is vanilla kernel.
>
> Are you eventually aware about any activities from STM or whoever else
> to integrate required changes in mainline kernel/Buildroot? I would be
> glad to help but not sure that I have enough knowledge to do it on my
> own.

It's not about "integrating changes in mainline kernel", because the
mainline kernel doesn't accept kernel code to support closed-source
OpenGL implementations.

What however could be done is to fix the build of the out-of-tree
kernel module that is provided in gcnano-binaries, so that it works
with an upstream kernel.

Thomas Petazzoni, CTO, Bootlin
Embedded Linux and Kernel engineering
https://bootlin.com