[Buildroot] [autobuild.buildroot.net] Your daily results for 2020-09-11

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at bootlin.com
Wed Sep 23 12:21:58 UTC 2020

Hello,

On Sat, 12 Sep 2020 00:18:34 -0700
Christian Stewart <christian at paral.in> wrote:

> I think host-go always fails on mips64, due to:
>
> tmp/go-link-094754572/go.o: in function `internal/cpu.Initialize':
> /srv/storage/autobuild/run/instance-3/output-1/host/lib/go/src/internal/cpu/cpu.go:137:(.text+0x14):
> relocation R_MIPS_26 against `a local symbol' cannot be used when
> making a shared object; recompile with -fPIC
>
> Not familiar with mips - is this something with cflags? Need -fPIC
> here for position-independent code conditional on mips?

It's difficult to really say as there's not much output from how
host-go is building the target libraries. However, everything that goes
into a shared library indeed needs to be built with -fPIC, and MIPS is
particularly picky about this.

Thomas Petazzoni, CTO, Bootlin
Embedded Linux and Kernel engineering
https://bootlin.com