[Buildroot] Unable to apply a patch for the buildroot makedevs tool

Yann E. MORIN yann.morin.1998 at free.fr
Sat Apr 17 07:13:17 UTC 2021

Ivan, All,

On 2021-04-16 06:58 +0000, Ivan Castell spake thusly:
> Hello! I did a patch for the makedevs tool that provides a new 'x' option
> that allows setting permissions for directories recursively without
> modifiying permissions for regular files.

As Peter said, makedev is directly compiled from its single source file
in Buildroot's tree, so no way to patch it with the standard package
infrastructure.

However, your patch looks like it would provide an interesting feature
that we want in Buildroot.

Would you mind officially contributing your patch so we can apply it?

Regards,
Yann E. MORIN.

| +33 561 099 427 `------------.-------:  X  AGAINST      |  \e/  There is no  |