[Buildroot] [autobuild.buildroot.net] Daily results for 2021-08-17

Yann E. MORIN yann.morin.1998 at free.fr
Wed Aug 18 11:05:58 UTC 2021

Thomas, All,

On 2021-08-18 12:25 +0200, Thomas Petazzoni spake thusly:
> On Wed, 18 Aug 2021 06:57:22 -0000
> Thomas Petazzoni <thomas.petazzoni at bootlin.com> wrote:
> >    sparc     |        host-libcap-2.52        | NOK | http://autobuild.buildroot.net/results/c5013a4d9a7dd2305bab8d9aa43104fd5f353bcf |
> >     arc      |        host-libcap-2.52        | NOK | http://autobuild.buildroot.net/results/2511a7ec0b4fc29133a4fc99160beb47c5681f02 |
> >   powerpc    |        host-libcap-2.52        | NOK | http://autobuild.buildroot.net/results/e0d8cb350072ea90c331824a6790c792d60d885d |
>
> I am confused by these host-libcap issues, as I'm not able to
> reproduce. I tried on my local machine, and the host binaries have the
> proper RPATH. Thinking it might be a machine/distro specific issue, I
> tried on the gcc160 machine, which has reported build issues, and I
> tried building the exact defconfig of one of the build failures, and
> host-libcap builds just fine.
>
> So, I'm confused :/ Any idea ?

Not sure the exact reason, but notice that the failures occur at install
time, not build time. And even then, the Makefile is still trying to
compile some stuff.

libcap is a generic package, and I noticed that the build and install
commands do not use the same environment:

    define HOST_LIBCAP_BUILD_CMDS
        $(HOST_MAKE_ENV) $(HOST_CONFIGURE_OPTS) $(MAKE) -C $(@D) \
            $(HOST_LIBCAP_MAKE_FLAGS)
    endef

    define HOST_LIBCAP_INSTALL_CMDS
        $(HOST_MAKE_ENV) $(MAKE) -C $(@D) $(HOST_LIBCAP_MAKE_FLAGS) install
    endef

So I wonder if, at least for sanity sake, we should not just add
$(HOST_CONFIGURE_OPTS) in the environment for the install commands too.

Also, notice spurious errors from ldconfig:

    /sbin/ldconfig
    /sbin/ldconfig.real: Can't create temporary cache file /etc/ld.so.cache~: Permission denied
    make[5]: [Makefile:162: install-shared-psx] Error 1 (ignored)

(ldconfig is a wrapper around ldconfig.real, specific to debian and.or
ubuntu I guess)

Regards,
Yann E. MORIN.

| +33 561 099 427 `------------.-------:  X  AGAINST      |  \e/  There is no  |