[Buildroot] CMake package requires out of source build

Alexander Dahl post at lespocky.de
Wed Feb 17 15:52:35 UTC 2021

Hei hei,

On Wed, Feb 17, 2021 at 09:20:03AM -0500, mattwood2000 at gmail.com wrote:
> Well, that sounded like a great solution but unfortunately the
> buildroot still tries to build within the <PKG>_SUBDIR.  The main
> issue is Amazon's rule to disallow in-source building, even within a
> separate directory.  I worked around this by not including their
> iterate function to detect an in-source build and using
> SUPPORTS_IN_SOURCE_BUILD=NO.

Just out of curiousity: why would you want to build in source anyways?
Why not build out of source as usually recommended and first class
supported by CMake?

Greets
Alex

--
/"\ ASCII RIBBON | »With the first link, the chain is forged. The first
\ / CAMPAIGN     | speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the