[Buildroot] Buildroot integration with eclipse issues

Alassane alassaneg at gmail.com
Thu Jan 28 11:00:22 UTC 2021

Hello,

I've tried to use Eclipse to develop my own application for my embedded
linux system but i'm having some issues.
To use the buildroot eclipse plugin, eclipse luna 4.4 is needed. Then, to
run this eclipse version, a java 7 JDK/JRE is needed. The problem is that
it doesn't seem to be possible to install that old java JDK/JRE version
(i'm using Ubuntu 18.04 on virtual box). I've tried to use java 11 JDK/JRE
but then, an error is displayed in the terminal when i try to run eclipse
luna 4.4 .
So, i'd like to know if there was an alternative to that, like using a more
recent version of eclipse that would be compatible with the buildroot
eclipse plugin.

Kind regards

Thank you.