[Buildroot] package/dotnet: add host-dotnet-sdk

Raul Hidalgo Caballero deinok at deinok.com
Thu Jan 7 22:52:11 UTC 2021

Hi All,

Glad to hear that the general approach of my patch is okay!!

I will work on the changes requested this weekend.
Probably I will need a bit of help regarding "git commits" as I'm not used
to the email system.

Regarding Andrey's patch,
I'm not sure if that is the correct approach, I mean, the idea is okay for
most of the cases,
but what if you install the dotnet-runtime -> v5.0.0 and the package that
you want to install needs v3.1.0 ?

My idea is to make small steps until dotnet is perfectly integrated with
buildroot, while my knowledge of buildroot grows.
The steps are:
* Add support for host-dotnet-sdk only (via direct download)
* Add all supported host archs
* Add generic package for dotnet using only the host-dotnet-sdk
(self-contained) every package includes it's own runtime
* Add support for dotnet-runtime (via direct download) (already done vi
Andrey)
* Add support for dotnet-aspnetcore (via direct download)
* Add support for not self-contained in the generic package
* Start building target packages using source (this will be a bit hard)
* Start building hos packages using source (this will be a pretty hard)

Best Regards,
HIDALGO CABALLERO, Raul