[Buildroot] : How to add a path to environment variable ?

Peter Korsgaard peter at korsgaard.com
Fri Jan 22 15:35:26 UTC 2021

 > Thanks all for your return,
 > ok, so I think I mistaken about buildroot nodejs version, sorry I used
 > "deprecated" term ;-)
 > I actualy use node version 14.15.0, but 12.x must work also.
 > I use the buildroot checkout version 2020.02.8 who must be if I well
 > understood at time I did it, the last stable version.
 > if I select the target package nodejs, in help, I saw it is based on V8.

V8 is a reference to the V8 Javascript engine used by nodejs (and
Chrome):

https://v8.dev/

Buildroot 2020.02.8 provides nodejs 12.18.4 (2020.02.9 bumped that to
nodejs 12.19.1 and the upcoming 2020.02.10 release will include 12.20.1
to fix some security issues).

 > if I need to update to a newer version I think I need to install my own
 > nodejs package version, right ? (or is there a way to update the installed
 > package inside buildroot without moving to another buidrood version ?

Correct, but if you do so, it would be nice if you could send a patch to
change the version so the upcoming 2021.02 release will have then new
version.

--
Bye, Peter Korsgaard