[Buildroot] No rule to make target 'host-python !!

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at bootlin.com
Mon Jan 25 14:05:24 UTC 2021

Hello,

On Mon, 25 Jan 2021 13:40:13 +0100
manu f <e.fiancette at gmail.com> wrote:

> Well, I remove my python37 package, delete my output directory, select
> python3 package from buildroot and host python3 in host utilities  from
> buildroot and ...

Please stop using your custom BR2_EXTERNAL for the moment, and use plain
Buildroot, and verify there if this works.

If it does, then the problem is in your BR2_EXTERNAL tree. We cannot
debug problems that are caused by your custom BR2_EXTERNAL, in which
you're doing things that are very tricky and/or apparently unnecessary.

Thomas Petazzoni, CTO, Bootlin
Embedded Linux and Kernel engineering
https://bootlin.com