[Buildroot] qt5 "Could not find DRM device"

Peter Seiderer ps.report at gmx.net
Sun Jan 31 20:16:21 UTC 2021

Hello Emmanuel,

On Sun, 31 Jan 2021 16:03:57 -0300, Fabio Estevam <festevam at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Emmanuel,
>
> On Sun, Jan 31, 2021 at 3:15 PM manu f <e.fiancette at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hello all,
> >
> > I build a kernel for imx6 board. imx6 boot correctly, but  I got this error  "Could not find DRM device" when I try to launch a qt web browser ( this app working on an other context).
> >
> > I search google and mailing list. I find something about qt5 configuration and -device flag..
> > Could I have some help about ?
> >
> > (qt app depend on qt5 webengine, so I set mesa3d and perhaps I made a mistake when setting drivers, because I use direct frame buffer.. perhaps I forgot something)
>
> I suggest you take a look at configs/imx6-sabresd_qt5_defconfig. This
> target uses the mainline kernel and the Etnaviv stack.

Think this points to your problem, you must decide between mainline/actual kernel using
mesa3d/etnaviv configuration or freescale/nxp kernel using the vivante graphics stack...

From your provided config it is hard to judge which way your try...some etnaviv
options enabled some IMX/Vivante ones enabled... but the main point is
the selected kernel and kernel options, but your config points to private repo and
private config...., but from the selected/used kernel header version (4.9) I would
suspect an freescale/nxp kernel?

Regards,
Peter