[Buildroot] Question about pkg-config pc files

Patricia Holden pholden at nklabs.com
Thu Jul 22 17:36:11 UTC 2021

Hi Thomas,

The saga continues.  I found that multimedia is not added
because BR2_PACKAGE_QT5_GL_AVAILABLE is not set.  In order to configure QT
OpenGL, I enabled ti-gfx since our board is a beaglebone-x15.  Now I can't
get past building ti-gfx.  I have a local source directory for the kernel,
since we had to add our own drivers for some proprietary devices on the
design based on beaglebone X15.  I also use the local source directory to
generate linux-headers.  We based the kernel from TI's SDK.  I checked the
kernel config, fbdev omap is selected.  But I get the following error:

 CC [M]
 /home/patricaholden/williamson/build07062021/Pro3-Linux/buildroot-2020.02/output/build/ti-gfx-5_01_01_02/GFX_Linux_KM/services4/srvkm/common/pvrsrv.o
  CC [M]
 /home/patricaholden/williamson/build07062021/Pro3-Linux/buildroot-2020.02/output/build/ti-gfx-5_01_01_02/GFX_Linux_KM/services4/srvkm/common/handle.o
/home/patricaholden/williamson/build07062021/Pro3-Linux/buildroot-2020.02/output/build/ti-gfx-5_01_01_02/GFX_Linux_KM/services4/3rdparty/dc_omapfb3_linux/omaplfb_linux.c:133:10:
fatal error: omapfb/omapfb.h: No such file or directory
  133 | #include <omapfb/omapfb.h>

The file "omapfb.h" is in drivers/video/fbdev/omap2/omapfb, but for some
reason the ti-gfx package does not find it.  We are using
buildroot-2020-20.02.12.

I did not see this error in the buildroot issues, I am wondering why it is
causing problems.  My only guess is that it may have something to do with
the fact that I have a local kernel source directory.

Thanks for any help!

Sent from my iPhone