[Buildroot] Is there a better version of vi?

Alexander Dahl post at lespocky.de
Thu Jun 3 13:53:20 UTC 2021

Hello David,

On Thu, Jun 03, 2021 at 01:27:56PM +0000, David Laight wrote:
> The version of vi is busybox is somewhat cutdown.
> I can't see an option to include either nvi or vim.
>
> While vim has grown all sorts of horrid extensions
> it would be nice to have a version that matches the
> code from the late 1980s.

Someone improved the Vi included in busybox lately, lots of changes
have gone to busybox master branch in the last months.  Maybe you
could give that a try?

> Most annoying is not having :g//p

Not sure if that is covered.

Greets
Alex

--
/"\ ASCII RIBBON | »With the first link, the chain is forged. The first
\ / CAMPAIGN     | speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the