[Buildroot] Problems with generating an x86 Image

Lukas Hecht mixolydisch at gmx.de
Wed Mar 3 16:16:31 UTC 2021

Hi Thomas,

maybe this idea could lead in the right direction. The process takes
about 12 seconds from leaving grub till stopping to boot, which sounds
about right to me for such a basic system.

I did not change anything on the getty, etc/inittab shows:
tty1::respawn:/sbin/getty -L tty1 0 vt100 # GENERIC_SERIAL

My hardware has three serial ports but i don't know any more details
about these at the moment.

Is there an easy way (like with booting a live ubuntu) to find out if
tty1 is the right one?

Thanks a lot,
Lukas