[Buildroot] Buildroot patchwork strange Submitter

Jeremy Kerr jk at ozlabs.org
Sun Oct 10 02:54:32 UTC 2021

Hi Baruch,

> You can see that the 'From' header shows the correct sender:
>
>   From: Yair Ben-Avraham via buildroot <buildroot at buildroot.org>

That's not really the correct sender; it's been modified by the list
software.

> I see the same in this email from my archive.
>
> Still, patchwork previously used my name as "Submitter", and now
> Christian's. So I think something is wrong with patchwork.

Yep, we try to find the correct sender if the From: header reports the
list address as the sender.

However, the buildroot list has changed back-and-forth between
buildroot at lists.buildroot.org and buildroot at buildroot.org a couple of
times recently. The list address was set to
buildroot at lists.buildroot.org, which didn't match that 'via' header.

I've since set it to buildroot at buildroot.org, so the reverse-dmarc-fix
should work again - let me know how it goes.

Cheers,

Jeremy