[Buildroot] MakeFile Error

Arnout Vandecappelle arnout at mind.be
Sun Oct 17 15:31:34 UTC 2021

  Hi Hello,

On 17/10/2021 16:33, hello rabit wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I just merged my remote origin with buildroot upstream and after that I am not
> able to work with my buildroot project. Please refer the followings:
>
> _Command:_ *make O=../<directory> xyz_defconfig*
> _Error:_ *Makefile:95: *** missing separator.  Stop.*
> *make: *** [Makefile:84: _all] Error 2*
> *
> *
> _Part of  my Makefile:_
> *80 $(MAKECMDGOALS): _all
>    81         @:
>    82
>    83 _all:
>    84         @umask $(REQ_UMASK) && \
>    85                 $(MAKE) -C $(CANONICAL_CURDIR) --no-print-directory \
>    86                         $(MAKECMDGOALS) $(EXTRAMAKEARGS)
>    87
>    88 else # umask / $(CURDIR) / $(O)
>    89
>    90 # This is our default rule, so must come first
>    91 all:*
> *92 .PHONY: all
>    93
>    94 # Set and export the version string
>    95 <<<<<<< HEAD
>    96 export BR2_VERSION := 2020.08.1
>    97 # Actual time the release is cut (for reproducible builds)
>    98 BR2_VERSION_EPOCH = 1602507000
>    99 =======
>   100 export BR2_VERSION := 2021.11-git
>   101 # Actual time the release is cut (for reproducible builds)
>   102 BR2_VERSION_EPOCH = 1630749000
>   103 >>>>>>> upstream/master

  This is a merge conflict. You attempted to merge the master branch with the
2020.08.1 tag.

  If you haven't made any changes yourself, you can just do "git reset --hard
origin/master".

  If you did make changes that you want to keep, you have to resolve the merge
conflicts. If you haven't yet committed the conflicts, you can simply do "git
status" to see which files have conflicts, then edit them and resolve the
conflits, and finally "git add -u; git commit". But if you want to do this, you
probably need to do a bit of git training.

> Furthermore, I tried to register myself with OFTC to access the IRC channel. But
> I could not figure out how to register.

  https://www.oftc.net/Services/

  Regards,
  Arnout