[Buildroot] Harfbuzz bump major version question

Giulio Benetti giulio.benetti at benettiengineering.com
Sun Sep 19 21:10:23 UTC 2021

Hi All,

I'm going to bump harfbuzz to version 3.0.0 but being a major version it
looses 15 apis[1] and introduce some new ones. So I'm not that sure if
this can be a normal bump or I need to introduce the new package
harfbuzz3. Package pango that requires harfbuzz builds fine, but how
should I proceed? Should I build every package that depends on it and
check if it builds fine? Or should I add package harfbuzz3 and then
every package that depends on harfbuzz should move to harfbuzz3 package
per package? I'm new to this case so help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

[1]: https://github.com/harfbuzz/harfbuzz/blob/main/NEWS#L29-L49
--
Giulio Benetti