[Buildroot] buildroot u-boot.nand oob size

Arnout Vandecappelle arnout at mind.be
Thu Sep 23 19:31:04 UTC 2021

  Hi Ivan,

On 23/09/2021 13:55, Ivan Riabtsov wrote:
> I have a system on an mx28evk chip, I have two types of nand memory,
> one with 64 bytes, the other 128 bytes, I am building a buildroot, I
> need a universal firmware for both types of memory, I found how to
> patch uboot so that it works with both memory types, but buildroot has
> an option for u-boot.nand NAND OOB size, which is not recognized by
> the bootloader during boot, but is hardcoded in u-boot.nand,
>
> accordingly, if I set u-boot.nand oob size to 128 bytes, then the
> system with 64 memory will not boot and vice versa, tell me, is it
> possible to somehow create a universal firmware for both types of nand
> memory?

  If you use BR2_TARGET_UBOOT_FORMAT_NAND, then Buildroot will run the mxsboot
tool to create u-boot.nand from u-boot.sb.

  I think there are two options for you.

1. Select BR2_TARGET_UBOOT_FORMAT_SB instead of _NAND and use a post-build
script to generate the u-boot.nand.

2. Use BR2_TARGET_UBOOT_FORMAT_CUSTOM and fill in the name of the image that is
generated by U-Boot itself (which could be u-boot.nand). In this case, you must
make sure yourself that U-Boot's "make all" target builds this image.

> ps i cant write message to buildroot at lists.buildroot.orgб i get a
> message "Undelivered Mail Returned to Sender"

  lists.buildroot.org is only the website. The mail address is
buildroot at buildroot.org (or .net, or buildroot at busybox.net, they all end up at
the same place).

  Regards,
  Arnout